TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - New updates for my Twin Turbo for 2015
People Seeking Info

Subject New updates for my Twin Turbo for 2015

Posted by Jason300zxTT on March 22, 2015 at 7:13 PM
  This message has been viewed 1558 times.

Message Haven't updated in awhile so thought I would share. My last tune was on Nistune and with a 3"-2.5 test pipe to a 2.5" b&b catback. Car was able to make 471whp at 17lbs of boost. Later found out the controller was having issues trying to go above 17lbs.

Nistune although a great tuning platform, still lacked the safeties I would like to have personally. I ended up selling all the unneeded items in order to transfer over to a Haltech. I also ended up selling my 3-2.5" test pipes and b&b exhaust and switching to 3" test pipes and 3" z1 pg exhaust. Why? I wanted nothing holding back the car in anyway. I also ended up installing a Twinz diffuser while there. :)

Once I received my Haltech I started calling around and PM'ing a lot of shops and Harry (Ztuner) was very helpful through out my install. My friend Steven and I ended up installing the Haltech ECU with a Haltech 4 bar map sensor, Haltech AIT sensor, 2 boost solenoids, and Haltech widebands and gauge into a 300degree gauge pod for a cleaner look.

From there... it was figuring out how to get a real good tuner to tune the car properly. Harry being a top tuner and on the East Coast I wanted him to tune the car. He told me he would street and dyno tune the car and spend about a week just on tuning. Making sure all the cold starts and driveability issues were handled so the car runs correctly.

I called a friend of mine who ships cars for a living and next thing you knew my z32 was off to Harry's in Florida...

Once she got to Harry's him and I discussed a few items and the big picture changed... My item list got bigger and bigger and needless to say, when she comes back. She will be a very fun car to drive. Ended up doing the following...

-bde top fed fuel rails
-1300cc injector dynamic injectors
-aeromotive fuel regulator
-aeromotive fuel filter
-walboro 485lph fuel pump
-braided lines/an fittings
-ethanol analyzer
-e85 gauge
-haltech io box
-haltech mini can hub
-haltech trim knob (for adjusting boost and such on the fly)
-relay harness
-flying lead harness
-new rod bearings (for reliability)
-pcv re route to valve covers
-tune on 93 pump fuel
-tune on e85

Here are a few pics from Harry's. Car is still in the process of being completed currently. Cant wait to post results so stay tuned..

2006 Chevy Cobalt SS super charged (Daily driver/Gas saver)
1994 Nissan 300zx sport 700 Twin Turbo (Weekend car)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.